How to add a web page to favorites bar

Reaction score
I converted to win 10 from 8.1 and my favorites bar came over to Edge okay. How do I add a web page to the Favorites bar? I can still delete from the favorites bar but the old add to favorites button seems to be missing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just browse to the site that you want to add to the favorites bar and then click the star top right hand corner, use the "Create In" drop down to select favorites bar and add it

Last edited:
Reaction score
I converted to win 10 from 8.1 and my favorites bar came over to Edge okay. How do I add a web page to the Favorites bar? I can still delete from the favorites bar but the old add to favorites button seems to be missing.
Just browse to the site that you want to add to the favorites bar and then click the start top right hand corner, use the "Create In" drop down to select favorites bar and add it
Thanks, Trouble; I had tried what you suggested but was not pushing the "Add" button. BTW, your message says "start" but of course you mean "star" I think. Thanks again!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out the typo.
Edited and fixed.

Reaction score
Just converted from 7 professional. When I click the star to add to favorites bar, only choices I'm given is "save location" and it brings up a list of my favorite folders. The words "create in" don't appear. HELP!!!

Ask a Question