How to cancel the update being on last step?

Reaction score
I think I've done a dumb thing. Firstly, I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 and I've done almost all steps to do it, but then I thought I would read some opinions about it in the forums and what I found was a bunch of people who experience errors while updating. Now (I think it's almost too early) I thought that I don't want to take risk of losing all my data files or experiencing even bigger problems, so I want to cancel the update. I'm in the stage where you can choose "Schedule upgrade for later" or "Start the upgrade now". Although I think it's too late to cancel. I tried to delete the KB3035583 update, but only the "Get Windows 10" app dissapeared, and the update window still pops up until I schedule the update for later.

Could you guys help me if you know the way how to cancel the upgrade being in the last stage before updating?

Reaction score
I have no solution for you.

Since it is on the "last stage", why not go ahead and install it?
Give it a try. Don't get scared by problems posted by other users.
I have 2 laptops installed with Windows 10, one as Win 10 Home, and one as Win 10 Pro. None of them have any issue like we read in the forums.

Worse comes to worst, you have about one month from the time you install it to go back to your previous Windows if you don't want Windows 10.
PROVIDED that you do NOT delete the Windows.old from the computer.

A screenshot from my Windows 10 Home installed from my Win 7 SP1.............
Go back to Win 7.jpg

Reaction score
Seems like no choices have left, so now I'm trying to back up all of my files if something goes wrong. It's a computer system, it can randomly screw things up though.

Ask a Question