How to delete all files and folders

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a new laptop and got everything set up - all my programs, aps, etc.. Then I transferred my files via hardrive from my old computer to new one. But I messed it up and have at least 2 or 3 copies of my old files (like Word docs, photos, etc..) and I think i have more than one "user" also.
I want to start all over again, BUT, would like to avoid a factory refresh and would like to know if there is a way I can keep my programs (photoshop, MS office, Picassa, etc..) but delete ALL files and users, so I can start with a fresh transfer over of my old files?
Thanks.

Reaction score
I want to start all over again, BUT, would like to avoid a factory refresh and would like to know if there is a way I can keep my programs (photoshop, MS office, Picassa, etc..) but delete ALL files and users, so I can start with a fresh transfer over of my old files?
I think that you could create (another) new user with administrative power, then delete all of the other users. This should delete all copies of the transferred files but leave the programs intact.

Ask a Question