How to disable auto login last active user windows 10

Reaction score
My system upgrade to windows 10 from 7. But my system encounter a auto login last active user problem.
Could you help ??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What exactly is the problem.
Is the user account logging in or failing?
Do you have another account on the computer?

Reaction score
the user can logging successful for not set any password user, but if last active user had set password already,it hold on the login screen with display last active user name on the login username type area. This system have more 3 user account.

Reaction score
I have bought a new computer with Windows 10, which I've never used before. Can you please explain how to disable automatic sign in with Hotmail? In a search to resolve this it advised to press Windows+R>msconfig.>settings but there is not a settings tab. And if I can do this will it also allow log-in with a different user name?

Reaction score
Feb 22, 2016 Apparently no resolution after 4 years.

What I do is have 2 accounts, one Microsoft with a password and one Local without a password, Log out whichever is being used then both show on the Login screen which will give the 2 choices to pick from. But the key is to actually log out, not just change user.

The mention of an E-Mail address does indicate a Microsoft Account is in use.

Reaction score
You are apparently logging in automatically? This must have been set up manuslly by the persons or organisation who sold you the computer?
If that user is yourself, go into the settings - accounts and set up a second local account.
to disable the autologin, the original administrator (you) will need to do that manually.
If you need further instructions on that, post back, and a member can take you through the process.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Feb 22, 2016 Apparently no resolution after 4 years.

What I do is have 2 accounts, one Microsoft with a password and one Local without a password, Log out whichever is being used then both show on the Login screen which will give the 2 choices to pick from. But the key is to actually log out, not just change user.

The mention of an E-Mail address does indicate a Microsoft Account is in use.

Hi Bighorn
Thanks for your input. I created another email account, local this time, but it didn't make any difference.
And I can't log out of an email because there is nowhere to do so.

Reaction score
I tried you suggestion Wolfie but the box is already checked for "Users must enter user name & password" so I didn't go any further in that link.

Scanning these posts again, are you asking how to log in to the OS (Desktop) or only a problem with automatic log in with hotmail (Outlook)?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tried you suggestion Wolfie but the box is already checked for "Users must enter user name & password" so I didn't go any further in that link.
Hi Phil,

if you have more than one account, try logging in with a different user name and see if the same thing happens!. :)

Reaction score
Hi Bighorn
Thanks for your input. I created another email account, local this time, but it didn't make any difference.
And I can't log out of an email because there is nowhere to do so.
Make the local account your default. there is no "Login" or Logout" of an email account.

Ask a Question