How to fix the error .settingcontent-ms?

Reaction score
For some time, when I click on the "Check for Updates" appears to me the error .settingcontent-ms? You know how to fix it?

Regedit32

Reaction score
"Check for Updates" appears to me the error .settingcontent-ms

Hi Radek,

The error message you posted seems rather generic. Is there more mentioned when error arises?

In terms of a .settingcontent-ms error, this is usually triggered for one of 3 reasons:
  • Attempting to perform a task which requires elevated privileges (i.e. logged in as Administrator) while using a local User account.
  • Attempting to access a file with insufficient privileges and/or this file is corrupted or has been moved from its original saved location.
  • An antivirus application or firewall is preventing Windows from downloading file in the first place (i.e. Security settings are set too high)

If you could please post the entire error message that would help. If in fact what you all ready posted is the entire message then please confirm that too.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I am having the same problem when I search for check updates, or view update history.

A box pops up with

"you'll need a new app to open this .settingcontent-ms file."
"Look for an app in the store"

I click ok and then a box comes up with...

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel."

How do I do this?

I am using a toshiba laptop 32 bit with windows 10.

This problem started 2-3 days ago out of the blue, it was fine one day and not the next. Nothing was changed on the laptop, no new programs added.

I hope you can help me fix this problem. I have already tried the other fixes that are online, with no success.

1. Have done the SFC scan
2. Have done the Search Indexer
3. Have done Indexing Options

None of these have helped.

Ask a Question