How to force program to start in IE rather than Edge

Reaction score
I have a program that came with an IP cam I use for remote viewing that will display the video in IE but not in Edge. The program correctly displays the internal parameter screens from the camera ie-resolution settings, alarm settings et-al. just not the video.

When I use Edge to view the camera directly by typing in the IP address I get the normal sign in screen from the camera and everything I would normally expect but no video image. Just a blank black screen within the camera software border. When I use IE the video is fine.

I have viewed the " How to Change Default Programs" article and it only shows how to force an IE start for "groups" of programs not a specific program.

Is there a way to force a SPECIFIC program to use IE in Windows 10 rather than Edge?
Thank you.
Alan

Reaction score
If you set your IE11 as your default browser, the program you mentioned will be by opened IE. Isn't it ?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your default programs > select Internet Explorer > click Set this program as default > OK

Reaction score
Yes I believe that would do it. I do have a question. If I make IE the default that would make it the global default for the computer. What I would like to do is only have one or two of my programs run under IE the rest work fine with Edge. Is that possible?

Reaction score
Yes I believe that would do it. I do have a question. If I make IE the default that would make it the global default for the computer. What I would like to do is only have one or two of my programs run under IE the rest work fine with Edge. Is that possible?

I have no answer for that.
I was to suggest using Open With option to have IE to just open the programs you want.
But, I am not sure that will work.
Perhaps others will tell me if Open With option is possible or not.

Ask a Question