How to get rid of process "amecommand.exe"?

Reaction score
I'm running Lightroom6/CC. When I initiate a "publish to SmugMug", a process named amecommand.exe, starts running while consuming 70%+ of my CPU according to Task Mgr. A member of a Lightroom forum suggests this is a virus and cited a link on the web that could solve my problem. The link offers 2 ways to remove the offending virus. One is to boot to safe mode and use regedit to update the registry and also find and remove some files. The other is to download software called Spyhunter which is not free and I'm not going to buy software unless it's a last resort. So I tried the first method. In safe mode, I can launch Lightroom but when I start the publish process (which initiates the offending amecommand.exe), publish won't work in safe mode.

Suggestions appreciated.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Bruce,

The amecommand.exe from what I can tell with a quick search on your software package appears to be a legitimate process bundled with Adobe products such as your Lightroom application.

While its entirely plausible there is malicious applications pretending to be amecommand.exe, I suspect in your case that is not the issue at all, but rather something more likely centered around the assembly files DLLs associated with the executable, or possibly the edition you are using is not fully Windows 10 safe and you in that case would either need to upgrade it, or try running what you have in compatibility mode for Windows 8 or 7.

I don't have the software you are attempting to use unfortunately, so I cannot test it to track down the cause of its massive footprint on on your system. Hopefully, someone else in our Forum does have the software and can point you in the correct direction.

If no one knows then you may ultimately need to turn to the Adobe Forums which are staffed by people experienced with such products.

Ask a Question