How to get rid of question about compatibility mode

Reaction score
I have TuneUp utilities 2014 on my newly upgraded computer. When i start the program it says i need to choose compatibility mode. I´ve done that, but it still asks me everytime the program is opened. Can i makeit stop ask?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You should be able to set the properties for the .exe file or the shortcut that you are clicking on to launch the .exe file if you right click and choose properties and use the Compatibility Tab.
Are you saying that you have done that and for some reason they are not persisting?

Reaction score
You should be able to set the properties for the .exe file or the shortcut that you are clicking on to launch the .exe file if you right click and choose properties and use the Compatibility Tab.
Are you saying that you have done that and for some reason they are not persisting?
Exactly! I have done that, but it still keeps on asking me if i shouldn´t use the compatibilty mode.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you considered upgrading to the latest version of the Software to see if it behaved any better.
Personally, I would be very cautious about using any such program that was suppose to "TuneUp" my computer, but even more so, one that was not designed specifically for Windows 10 and was exhibiting problems every time I ran it.
I don't think I would want that mucking about with my Operating System nor would I feel comfortable and confident if I had to make concessions to standard settings just to get it to run.

Ask a Question