How to get slide show background to work

Reaction score
Heretofore on Windows 7, I was able to enjoy random slide show of all my pictures as background. Now, when I go to control panel personalization I'm asked for a picture 'album', which limits the variety of background pictures. Is there any way to set my controls to get the slide show of 'all' my pics?

Reaction score
when I go to control panel personalization I'm asked for a picture 'album'

I don't use Slideshow option.
I just wonder under the same heading, don't you have a Add a folder option ?
If yes, why not create a folder with "all" your pictures in it and choose that folder ?

Will that work ?

Reaction score
That should work. How would I create such a folder? I have literally many hundreds of photos.

Reaction score
Well, I assume you mean you have your "hundred of pictures" scatter all over the place ?
In that case, you have a lot of Move To job to do.

Use this tutorial. It works for Windows 10 as well. I used that myself.
How to Add "COPY TO FOLDER" and "MOVE TO FOLDER" to Context Menu
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/516-context-menu-add-copy-folder-move-folder.html
Use Option One.

So, create a new folder and name it
Then go to your photos > use the checkbox and select a bunch > right click at the selection > click Move To > navigate to the new folder > click it > click Move.

Reaction score
I tried putting hundreds of photos in a new file, per the suggested tutorial with success. However, when I specify this 'folder' on the Windows 10 personalization it doesn't work. The new personalization specifically says 'albums'...could this be the hang-up?

Reaction score
Weird.
I just tried it. I added Flowers as new folder and selected it as the slideshow.
Mine works.

Slideshow.jpg

Reaction score
Sorry.
I have no idea how to help you.
Please wait a bit for someone else to come along.
Good luck.

Ask a Question