How to Install Windows Sandbox

How to Install Windows Sandbox

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new resource:

How to Install Windows Sandbox - An explanation on how to install and use the Windows 10 Sandbox feature.

Windows Sandbox is a great new Windows 10 feature that allows you to quickly run an isolated and secure test environment for any apps that you'd like to try without interacting with your main Windows 10 system. It's a virtualized Windows 10 installation that you are free to use as a "sandbox" (think of it as a disposable Windows 10 instance). You can run the sandbox, play around and then close the Windows 10 test environment - the next time you load the app, you'll have a fresh sandbox...

Read more about this resource...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I love this new feature - it's great for testing things out without breaking anything. I really recommend enabling and testing out this feature if you're a power user :).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You mentioned in your overview....
None of your files will be accessible, unless you explicitly copy them across.
Have you found a clever way of doing that?
There seems to be no access to the existing host computer's resources.

I haven't tried manipulating the default network addressing schema (class B) to place them both on the same subnet to see if you might be able to authenticate and then see shares and or map a network drive.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just discovered that a simple copy and paste seems to work just fine.
thud.gif

Reaction score
Which version of Win10?
I have Win10 Home 1903 installed but I don't see the Sandbox as an option.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome @Cat Herder! You need Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, it won't work in home editions unfortunately. I'll update the article with this info if it's not already in there.

Reaction score
I saw this again [10/7/2019] I was reading the article. I was excited, again, about using this, when I saw in paragraph 3 that it requires the Pro or enterprise versions.

That is a bummer for us Home users.

Ask a Question