How to reinstall Mail, People and other apps that came with Win 10

Reaction score
I am running Windows 10 Build 10130 and none of the apps listed above will launch from the start tile menu or the all apps list. It appears that most of the apps that came with Win 10 won't launch but the apps that I pinned to the start menu work fine. Since I rarely used these apps I don't know how long this problem has been going on. I restored back to an earlier restore point but the problem is still there. I know it is something I screwed up but I can't figure it out. I hope when a new build is released my problem goes away.

Reaction score
Don't know what the problem might be Charlie. I don't use any of those apps but just checked and they open in my 10130 build. Only thing I can think of is to boot up your .iso disc and use the repair option to see if that will solve the issue.

Reaction score
I am running Windows 10 Build 10130 and none of the apps listed above will launch from the start tile menu or the all apps list. It appears that most of the apps that came with Win 10 won't launch but the apps that I pinned to the start menu work fine. Since I rarely used these apps I don't know how long this problem has been going on. I restored back to an earlier restore point but the problem is still there. I know it is something I screwed up but I can't figure it out. I hope when a new build is released my problem goes away.

I had a similar problem as mentioned here; https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...r-calendar-to-run-after-upgrade-to-10130.645/.

That was the only way I could get these two to work. Still no luck with People or turning off or removing Calendars I no longer use.

Michael

Reaction score
Okay, how do I know if I have the latest "build?" I'm wondering because I'm still having several problems and want to verify that Win10 was downloaded correctly. Maybe I'm asking the wrong question, but having a hard time finding help for these things.
For instance, my Outlook has not loaded any emails in several days, even though I can see they're out there by looking at Mail on my iPhone.
Also, I had OneNote on my computer (came with Microsoft Office 2010, I think) but after changing to Win 10, it disappeared and a different version appeared.
Lots of little annoyances like this. Any ideas for where to find actual answers?

Reaction score
Please start a new thread for yourself so that people coming to help will not be bothered by an old thread that is not relevant to your situation.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Right click on the start menu icon and select the run option. Type in winver and it will show you which build you have installed. Mine is build 10240.

Not sure why Outlook isn't working but you might check to be sure the sign in information is correct and hasn't been changed or corrupted somehow. One note is a preinstalled in Windows 10 and although I don't use it I imagine it is not tied to Office.

Ask a Question