How to show PC-Screen to TV

Reaction score
Have recently bought a new TV, Sony Smart KD-43X7000E and are trying to get my PC Monitor screen to show on the TV.
The is connected wireless to the modem router, receives from internet and can read/see photos, pictures from the PC.
Using Windows 10 pro, 32 bit, up to date with latest updates. Wireless keyboard and mouse.
The Internet as received from the internet direct to the TV is slow, hard and troublesome to navigate, and not very good visible.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jo Assink

Reaction score
As wolfie says. I have the same problem with my Android TV, so I strem through an hdmi connection.

Reaction score
If you PC has an HDMI output that you are not using for the monitor ( laptops usually do, desktops not so much) then use a cable if convenient as Wolfie and Dave suggest.

I have played with this and got it to work.

If you have an Android phone try that...that will tell you if your TV can support this. Iphones do not work.

The PC has to have a Wifi adapter that is enabled even if you are not using it.

On your PC run DXdiag and save the results. Look at the file and scan down for Miracast. Should be there under System devices and say 'supported with HDCP'. Scan for a second occurrence under Display devices

If you see Supported under both the PC is good to cast to any device that can accept. If these say Not supported then either your Wifi driver on the PC video driver just don't support Miracast. So check the TV manual to see if it will support Chromecast and try that.

If Miracast is supported . With the TV turned on go to the notifications icon ( bottom right on PC) and click Project. If that display shows a line that says "connect to a wireless display" click that and hopefully you will see a thing like
MSDisplayadapter_D5 but it will likely be the name of your TV.

Try just clicking that... if your PC screen is then duplicated on the TV you are done.

One problem is that Intel has stopped supporting Miracast, probably because the take up rate was very low and no-one else did.

My main PC video ( Nvidia) Netgear Wifi Dongle can be Cast TO but cannot cast. My Lenovo laptop can project both to my PC and to my TV...which is a dumb tv. I used the Microsoft Wireless display adapter plugged into my AVR to provide the 'smarts' for Miracast.

Reaction score
I had success also with a Raspberry PI III connected via HDMI, using a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse and connecting to my system via wifi. Trouble was that the Raspberry does not really have the power to process 108 video and wifi ate the same time. So I only used this for Youtube TED talks

Bif

Reaction score
Using Chrome browser and a 40 dollar Chromecast is the simplest way to stream and or cast screen to tv wirelessly...imo.
Been using one for years with nary a problem..
We love using it for Google Earth on the 50"...there is minor lag when casting..but not a big issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
" So check the TV manual to see if it will support Chromecast and try that."

Very good solution if money is not a consideration. But, it may work differently, according to where you live, but here, buying a Chromecast dongle is a small part of the story. There is then a monthly subscription to consider.

Reaction score
Chromecast subscription? I thought it was just a piece of hardware so that Chrome could cast anything to the TV.

Bif

Reaction score
@davehc
I have never heard of a subscription service for Chromecast aside from using it for Netflix or some other movie streaming service where a monthly fee is required..but simple screen casting it is not.
I've never paid a cent for casting/ mirroring my desktop on my LG.

Reaction score
Ok. I stand corrected.
I probably assumed that the OP was thinking of streaming LIve TV or similar.

Reaction score
Just, slowly, replying to Wolfies question. Yes, the PC has a HDMI and SVGA connection. Using the HDMI for the monitor, but can change to the SVGA, leaving the HDMI port free. Have been reading about Actiontec Screen Beam, but cannot find much details. In their specs it does not say if the dongle is USB or HDMI. The TV is Miracast acceptable. As Wolfie suggest, a direct HDMI cable would be ideal, except that it would require a 15 meter cable going right through the middle of the living. Not very elegant.

Ask a Question