how to solve entering password when turn on my PC

Reaction score
Hello, I am using windows 7 on my pc. last week I turned on the pc. I couldn't enter my password. the cursor was on the screen but I couldn't enter my password. I though there is problem on keyboard. I changed the keyboard but still the problem was, I also tested my keyboard on other computer, there was no problem with the keyboard. I think there is problem in my pc. could you help me solve this problem?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hello Ahmad,

Welcome to the Forum.

It's been a while since I've played with Windows 7, however, if I recall correctly, when you get to logon screen, at the bottom right corner of screen are some icons. If you click on the right one and select Onscreen Keyboard (OSK), you ought to be able to use your mouse to enter the password for now.

Assuming that works, once you manage to log in, it would be worth running a System File check to ensure there are no faulty drivers associated with the logon shell, for example: shgina.dll may be at fault, especially if infected with malware. This should be located in C:\Windows\System32 folder, not the Syswow64 folder!

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question