How to Stop the free upgrade to Win 10?

Reaction score
I have decided now is not the time to take the Win 10 update. I tried going through the procedure of uninstalling KB3035583, but the darn thing has already deposited itself on my machine. ANY CLUE HOW I CAN GET RID OF THIS PROMPT WHICH ONLY ALLOWS ME TO POSTPONE A MAX OF 48 HOURS?????

Attachments

• TRI5FB1.jpg
    TRI5FB1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 573
Reaction score
I have not tried this before and therefore I cannot vouch for it.
However, have a look at this tutorial which includes several scenarios.
Scenario 3 would be most suited to your situation.
Prevent the Windows 10 upgrade from installing after making your reservation
http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/...rade-installing-after-making-your-reservation
I have repeatedly tried to stop this madness and there appears to be no way. I have the KB3035583 already uninstalled and hidden (I think too late), and anytime I make sure the window-BT folder is emptied and gone on the root of C drive, and I pick anyone of the missing 24 updates it starts by downloading the windows-BT folder all over again. THAT COMMAND TO DOWNLOAD THE WINDOWS-BT IS HIDDEN SOMEWHERE ONCE YOU ALLOW THE DOWNLOAD TO INSTALL - which I mistakenly allowed to happen.

Anyone know of a registry hack? I definitely will not install this thing and as a last resort will wipe it clean and turn it into a unbunto machine of throw in the trash.

Ask a Question