SOLVED How To Stop Windows 10 Update After Son Clicked Wrong Place

Reaction score
Hi. okay, first off I download windows 10 last summer. It killed my hard drive, had to have a new one put in pc. Tonight, my son accidently clicked the annoying pop up about it and now it says to to restart my pc to start the update. Does anyone know how to stop this update from happening? I can't not never restart my pc. I can't do a hard turnoff like I did tonight each time I turn off pc. I do have a windows 7 disk. I am going to be taking it to fry's on Saturday. They don't seem to have a great idea on how to stop this. I will have to put another hard drive on pc if windows 10 installs, and I can't afford it.

Reaction score
Hi. okay, first off I download windows 10 last summer. It killed my hard drive, had to have a new one put in pc. Tonight, my son accidently clicked the annoying pop up about it and now it says to to restart my pc to start the update. Does anyone know how to stop this update from happening? I can't not never restart my pc. I can't do a hard turnoff like I did tonight each time I turn off pc. I do have a windows 7 disk. I am going to be taking it to fry's on Saturday. They don't seem to have a great idea on how to stop this. I will have to put another hard drive on pc if windows 10 installs, and I can't afford it.

Reaction score
its not windows 10 that killed your hdd

its the hdd that is dead ... its mechanical

and windows 10 going very good and fast and safest so its not a probleme ....

when you restart it will do the download ... your son do the good thing ... maybe your just affraid to do it

Reaction score
its not windows 10 that killed your hdd

its the hdd that is dead ... its mechanical

and windows 10 going very good and fast and safest so its not a probleme ....

when you restart it will do the download ... your son do the good thing ... maybe your just affraid to do it
I agree, I loved windows 10 on my pc until the hard drive went south. Yes mechanical, yes caused by windows 10. I did not elaborate on everything that happened when this happened, because this was not my issue this time. Oh, the lap top went south during download and install. I did this when it first came out, not every place that makes things for pc was up to parr for this. I took microsoft at faith that my pc and laptop were compatible. They weren't. I am glad microsoft has taken my problems seriously, and with their ask desk help, stopped the install and were genuinely concerned about the failures . I am looking forward in the future of buying a pc or laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. Until then, it is going to be windows 7. When is it good that a click by my son that would repeat what happened be a good thing? Have a nice day.

Ask a Question