How To Stop Windows 10 Upgrade Popups?

Reaction score
At the urging of the popups from MS urging me to upgrade to Windows 10 ads I ran the compatibility test the results of which assured me that my computer was compatible with Windows 10. I then upgraded and started using Windows 10. I had all sorts of problems after that. I contacted the manufacturer of my system (DELL) and they told me that they were not supporting my system with drivers for Windows 10 and that I needed to pay a fee to their tech support for restoring my system back to Windows 7 for a stiff charge. The DELL tech spent hours using Remote Assist and the telephone to help me restore Windows 7. After restoring Windows 7 I had lost a lot of important documents and spent hours solving all sorts of remaining problems. I now have Windows 7 back and running well but I am constantly subjected to those annoying pop ups urging me to download and install the Windows 10 upgrade. How the hell do I get rid of those?

My current system -
Hardware: DELL Studio XPS 435 MT

Sincerely,
Dennis E. O'Connor

Ask a Question