How Up to Date are the Genuine Releases Publically Available

Reaction score
What I would like to know is the Version that is Available to the General Public.
Is it Updated and if so How Regularly.
Example would the Build Listed Today be any Different to that Available say Two Months Ago.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Windows 10 updates on Update Tuesday, first Tuesday of the month, as do older versions of Windows but this last 6 months has tended to get updated every Tuesday as well as Windows Defender updates every day.

If you mean the build that you would get if you did the 'free' update from W7 or W8 then yes you would get the latest build.

Reaction score
Upgraded to Win 10 months ago and I'm still stuck on Ver 10 Build 10240.

Reaction score
Upgraded to Win 10 months ago and I'm still stuck on Ver 10 Build 10240.
If you updated to production build 10240, the first production release that was only 6 months ago. If you were getting Insider version 10240, last June IIRC. then did you turn off insider builds to stick on 10240?

I updated my non-insider PC a week after release from W7 to W10 10240 and I've had several updates since including the large 10586 build in November...all mandatory updates.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Don't understand. Windows Update says "no updates available" when I run Windows update. If I'm stuck on build 10240 and there's more after that, then why won't my laptop accept the newer updates? Don't understand what your asking. All I remember was I clicked on icon to upgrade to Win 10, machine did it's thing, machine restarted and I had Win 10.

Reaction score
I am on 10586.79 and build 10240 was updated months ago. Contact MS Support or use the feedback button.

Reaction score
10586.79 is from a leaked update - not yet officially released, and might confuse the OP

Ad

Advertisements

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the OP was talking about the publicly available ISOs?
In which case it would be 10586.
I don't think that the ISOs will be updated again before July (Redstone) and I don't suspect that the interim cumulative updates have been rolled into them either.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
That is how I understand his query.

If you upgrade, today, I am sure that it will show build 104.
But, as the majority are now doing, if you make a fresh install from the legally available ISOs, you will probably be obliged to work through most of the updates again.
But, not to put the entire blame on Windows 10.
Yesterday I installed Windows 7 for a colleague. He was on a fairly slow connection and , after the install, it took a further two hours to catch up with the updates.

Last edited:

Ask a Question