HP EliteBook 8560w displays "ME is in recovery state at startup"

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a HP Elitebook 8560w notebook p/n LG660EA that had a problem. It didin't start and the led's blinked 5 times meaning a general system board failure.
I sent it to a local repair shop and they have substituted the southbridge chip, an Intel QM67.
After this on startup the notebook displays "ME is in recovery state", altough, the notebook works as it should!
Any help would be great.
Thank you

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
After this on startup the notebook displays "ME is in recovery state", altough, the notebook works as it should!
After a little research the problem would seem to be with the ME (Intel Management Engine) firmware mismatch and is outside the scope of this forum.
Personally I would probably take it back to the repair shop and see if they can resolve it. HP computers are finicky about branding and you may not be able to resolve the issue without their help or at least the help of a professional.
There is a lengthy article about the issue here http://www.win-raid.com/t2423f39-HP...-ME-is-in-recovery-state-at-startup-quot.html
AND as you can see by reading that, the fix (if it even works) involves some pretty complicated work.
I think I would first see what the repair shop had to say about the issue and then, I'd probably contact HP and see if they could offer any suggestions.