SOLVED HP =p6750f DVD-CD- RW Drive Not Working after WIN 10 Upgrade

Reaction score
It was all well and good when I had Windows 7 Home on this desktop PC. That is until I upgraded to Windows 10 this past week, and now the HP #AD-7251H5 DVC RW device is not working. I ran Belarc Advisor and it shows it is Smart Status and Healthy. I went into control panel and deleted the hard drive and reinstalled it and still not working. It appears Windows 10 don't recognize the device.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF it is showing up in the BIOS but is not available in Windows 10, then....
Open an administrative Command Prompt and copy and paste this into the command prompt window
Code:
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
Hit enter and then reboot the system.

Reaction score
Forget that link. No go on that connection. I removed the DVD-RW drive and installed it in another desktop with Windows 10 Pro and it works as it should. Ran couple Cds in it and all went well. So, it's the HP p6750f with the Windows 10 Home upgrade over Windows 7 Home that destroyed the driver(s) and what ever that made it not working.
Nothing serious here, as I have three other computers that will fulfill the jobs as needed.

Ask a Question