HP pavilion DV6 installation failed

Reaction score
Hi
I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion DV6, download and installation went
good , restarted to Windows 10 OK. While trying some of my programs I got a "critical
error, must restart", on restart it went to a blank screen with "please wait" and the
tumbling ball wheel and stayed there even after waiting multiple hours. I eventually found
that I could restart and use "other starting options" I selected reset PC and keep my files
the re-installation went OK and got to Windows 10 but without my programs, I tried different
apps and tried a restart again. The same problems occurs having the blank screen with
the "please wait". Now I cant even restart only options is power off button but then it
comes back to the blank screen. I used my Windows 7 repair disk to get to A: prompt where
I used the DiSM.exe command to clean image and revertpendingactions, this got me an
error 0xc0000135. What should be my next step, any help will be appreciated TIA.
Yvon B

Reaction score
Hi
I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion DV6, download and installation went
good , restarted to Windows 10 OK. While trying some of my programs I got a "critical
error, must restart", on restart it went to a blank screen with "please wait" and the
tumbling ball wheel and stayed there even after waiting multiple hours. I eventually found
that I could restart and use "other starting options" I selected reset PC and keep my files
the re-installation went OK and got to Windows 10 but without my programs, I tried different
apps and tried a restart again. The same problems occurs having the blank screen with
the "please wait". Now I cant even restart only options is power off button but then it
comes back to the blank screen. I used my Windows 7 repair disk to get to A: prompt where
I used the DiSM.exe command to clean image and revertpendingactions, this got me an
error 0xc0000135. What should be my next step, any help will be appreciated TIA.
Yvon B
Sorry , I can see that it is an older post , if you see this , & not fixed , Please to let me know , I may be able to help .

Reaction score
Hi
I have a HP DV 7-6xxx and had the same experience. my resolution was to reinstall an image I captured before trying the upgrade, and then continue to use windows 7 Home Premium. Then during Jan 2016 I tried again...this time the upgrade was installed with no errors. The only real problem being a black screen for a few minutes after a boot up, apparently due to dual graphic drivers. Which was cured by a small adjustment in the registry

Ask a Question