Huge problem, I messed up the ''users'' folder

Reaction score
So I wanted to create more space in my C: drive so I copy and pasted the ''users'' folder into the D: drive and it's all messed up! I have tried putting it back and it just didn't restore anything. I can't use any of the icons down below like the windows icon they just don't respond anymore. My screensaver is gone now and I can't put a new one. I still have the users folder, sort of (because some things wouldn't copy to the D: drive.). So I have tried putting it back and it is there now but the applications and screensavers as I mentioned just don't work. I can't shut off my pc properely because the windows icon doen't work anymore. please help me this pc is brand new and it was really expensive. Thank you. (sorry formy english)

Reaction score
So I wanted to create more space in my C: drive so I copy and pasted the ''users'' folder into the D: drive and it's all messed up! I have tried putting it back and it just didn't restore anything. I can't use any of the icons down below like the windows icon they just don't respond anymore. My screensaver is gone now and I can't put a new one. I still have the users folder, sort of (because some things wouldn't copy to the D: drive.). So I have tried putting it back and it is there now but the applications and screensavers as I mentioned just don't work. I can't shut off my pc properely because the windows icon doen't work anymore. please help me this pc is brand new and it was really expensive. Thank you. (sorry formy english)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Create a new user and see if that helps to provide a working profile.
Go to
C:\Windows\System32
Find
Cmd.exe
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith

NOTE: You do not have to use "JohnSmith" just a new unique user name it can be Tom, Dick or Harry it doesn't matter.

Reaction score
The given local administrator group does not exist after I typed: "net localgroup administrator MatsDaenen /add"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
yep.... important that you type it correctly
administrator with an "S" making it administrators

Reaction score
After I tried logging in with the new account it said: "server user profile service is hindering the login account , account can not be loaded" I did all the steps, this happened to be beforehand where I did not have "the power'' to delete somethings in my C: drive such as skype and other things that weren't necessary for my computer to run properely.

Reaction score
Another question, how do I remove one of these profiles because I don't wanna log in when this problem is resolved to see like 5 accounts.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm not sure that removing an account or any account at this point should be a primary concern. That can be done easily enough at some later point after the problem has been resolved.
Try booting from the installation media.
The installation media can be obtained through either of these two resources.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options. From where you might try a Sysem Restore to an earlier point in time. Perhaps the earliest one available or at least one prior to you having made the problematic changes.

The message you posted about the error you are receiving now does not seeem to be accuarate, rather an amalgam of two possible errors.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#...the+login+account+,+account+can+not+be+loaded
OR
One that involves the "Server" service failing to start.
The specific wording of the error message and Google might help you find some information going forward.

Ask a Question