I am really starting to hate this Bloody OS

Reaction score
My main drive has errors so I

First attempt Imaged my drive replaced it with a larger drive and unlike win 7 It will not install just sits there pissing me off.
Second attemp reinstall win7 get it all so that the silly little window comes up Kick off the upgrade it says checking for updates so I left it. Win 10 installer closed and updated WIN7.
3rd attemp used the media creation tool on the window's 7 Nothing.
4th attemp download and burn an ISO and nowe it's telling me it cant find a valid liscence to install it.

I thought it was supposed to be able to be moved if you were changing a HDD But obviously Microsoft were as usual lying.

What a waste of a week trying to get this machine working as it should be, luckily the old drive is still sort of working, But this has to be solved.

What a freaking mess!

Computer
Asus p5e Motherboard
Q9300 QuadCore CPU
8Gigs ddr2 667 Ram
Nvidia gt630 vid card 2 gig Ram
2 x 500 gig HDDs
and a dying 160 gig 7200 barracuda

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hard to know where to start. You were obviously upset when you posted and left some large holes in your description of the problems. Reimaging a system from a known good install to a larger drive should not be a problem.

First, you stated you made an image of a system which had errors.. Was this a Windows 10 system at the time or a Windows 7 system?

You cannot install Windows 10 using a clean install unless you have purchased a license or have upgraded from the prior OS. Once the upgrade is complete and you have an electronic activation, you can install to a new hard drive and it will activate.

I probably misunderstood some of you points, so perhaps you could provide a more in depth description of the situation.

Reaction score
Ok I was trying to image windows 10 that I had upgraded from windows 7
So I assumed that I could do a clean install WRONG cannot find the licensing terms. stops install
so I have now re uinstalled win 7 and using a disk I had downloaded as an ISO from Miccyshaft and the same error
So disk image does not work
Upgrading from Disk does not work
Upgrading from a USB stick does not work
Upgradiong using the built in nagger does not f^&*(R%$ work

Therefore Win10 is an even more crappy system, than the old compaq crap machines used to be stay away!!!

Be warned STAY AWAY until they fix this DOG

SO I will stay with windows 7 and downgrade the other machines that have that win 10 malware on them!

Angry??? I am Pissed have wasted a week on this problem! Never in my life have I come across such a clusterf%^k as this.

Ask a Question