I can not watch TV online in windows 10

Reaction score
I am using windows 10 for 6 months, from the two last weeks on, it was impossible to watch my favorite TV program. For the edge appear a message : Error loading media: File could not be played. Through the google crome it is impossible too, appear a message: Can not load M3U8: No levels in manifest.
Before it works great, at the same TV online. I suppose that something is wrong with windows media player, I updated the windows 10 and the problem continues.
Could you help me solve this trouble?
Many thanks.
Gilmar Cavalcanti

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I suppose that something is wrong with windows media player
Generally, at least here in the States, watching episodic television on a computer, generally involves either an App (like The CW, or CBS, etc.) or is browser based which sometimes involves a proprietary player plugin from the provider, but.... seldom if ever involves Windows Media Player (at least in my experience.

You best bet for troubleshooting this issue would probably be with the provider of the content. Determine if they have a player app or plugin update or a specific browser requirement.
Try IE and see if that does any better...... Start Button, All Apps, Windows Accessories, Internet Explorer.

Other than that it might be an issue with a third party security suite update that may have reset something with trusted browsing or a trusted network setting perhaps in a firewall component.

Reaction score
I never use window media player. Correct me if I am wrong as Windows 10 doesn't support the Media Player. Many use VLC. Me personally I use the Website which I am watching program and have HDTV connected to PC. If I watch a Blu Ray or DVD I view it with VLC.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Media Player = yes
Media Center = no
Some folks confuse them.

Reaction score
Gilmar.

AS Roddy says - Try installing VLC (Free) and see if it helps. You mention Media player. Not sure, but this may have prompted Roddy's query. I don't think Media player can read that extension. I am thinking, though, that you have been using the Media centre., which does not come automatically with Windows 10, unless you have a licence. If you have been watching TV for a few months, there is no real reason why it should have suddenly stopped, though But possibly a recent very large update crippled it...

Ask a Question