I cannot enter my password

Reaction score
So, I have this problem where my laptop which is a lenovo ideapad 100 , cannot enter my password. I can only enter the letter 'i' and sometimes maybe 'x'. I can still use the enter button n caps lock button but can't type in the password. I've tried reboot it a few times but nothing happens. I tried to restore but it requires my password which is pretty much useless since the only letter that I can key in is the letter 'i'. I also tried to use an external keyboard but the result is still the same, even using an external keyboard i can only enter the letter 'i'. What should I do?

Regedit32

Reaction score
On the Sign-in page can you click the Ease of Access icon [ left of power icon] and select the on-screen keyboard then with mouse enter password?

If you can sign-in you may then be able to run some troubleshooting or a system file check to sort out what is going on.

Reaction score
On the Sign-in page can you click the Ease of Access icon [ left of power icon] and select the on-screen keyboard then with mouse enter password?

If you can sign-in you may then be able to run some troubleshooting or a system file check to sort out what is going on.

I just tried it like you say but its still not working. It just detect the letter 'i'.

Ask a Question