Reaction score
Hi I Have an Administrative Rights Problem

I am Dasha a Standard Group as a User See 01 ScSh

The Computer is called DELLDESKTOP Or DashaDell

You do not have access rights to logical disk manager Windows 10

You Do Not Have Administrative Rights

You Have to Be An Administrator to Log In

You Must be Logged In as The Administrator too Install this Program

And I opened an Administrator Account (see Scr Shot 01) and it wont let me in and
I cannot Change the Password?? Or Thought I Did I cannot Open MY Apps Disk Management Windows Apps are Okay
Also 'Error oX8007000'

I cannot Open System Restore I click on the Link But Nothing Happens

I have a Admin account that I opened the Other Day Should I Delete It

I have Tried Activate the Hidden Admin Account But Nothing Works cannot find the Default On Tab

It all started when i Tried to Do something and they Insisted I Use My MS Personal Account which I Do Not Like Doing That any way I have Tried about 7 On-line Suggestion s But I fear it s a Tad Worse than That Any help Please?
Win 10 Forum 01.jpg
Win 10 Forum 01.jpg
Win 10 Forum 02 Adninistrator Wrongs Screenshot - 15_01_2016 , 12_55_14.jpg
Win 10 Forum 01.jpg Win 10 Forum 02 Adninistrator Wrongs Screenshot - 15_01_2016 , 12_55_14.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Log on to your computer with the Administrator account.
Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts
Click "Manage another account"
Select the Dasha account
Click "Change account type" link
Select the "Administrator" radio button
Click the "Change account type" button

Reaction score
Thanks For that :) But I cannot "Create a Password in the "Administrator Create a New Password For Admin" It keeps saying Cannot Change for a New Password? So I Cannot Logon in The Administrator Mode to do as You Advise, Also I have not even Opened The Hidden Admin Account It I Tried the Trick s But No Joy and I have a "MS Personal Account" but I got Burnt so Bad with Win 8 Pre Install on This as a New computer (6 Month s to sort out) That I really have an aversion for that" I Thought Ten would be Better It's all Starting to Unravel also Dasha:confused::)

Last edited:
Reaction score
UPDATED
Thanks For that But I cannot Create a Password in the "Create a New Password For this Administrator" It keeps saying "Cannot Change Your Password?
So I am guessing that I have not Given it ANY Password when I Created the Admin account and the Reason s why ' It was a Warning that said Three 03 Password Screenshot - 17_01_2016 , 8_16_24.jpg and I think I was 'Unsure' of what would Happen and Did Not Enter ANY Password at all decide I would Find out a bit More First I Closed Out
So that is why I Cannot Logon' in The Administrator Mode to do as You Advise,

Also I have not even Opened The Hidden Admin Account, I Tried the Trick s But No Joy and I have a "MS Personal Account"
Can I achieve anything By Signing into the My MS Personal Account ??

but I got Burnt so Bad with Win 8 Pre Install on This as a New computer (6 Month s to sort out) That I really have an aversion for that" I Thought Win 10 would be Better but It's all Starting to Unravel also Dasha
Any Ideas Please Dasha :)

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When you enable the hidden Administrator account...... by default it has no password (it's blank) so unless you explicitly added a password to the account then it's still blank.
AND
That warning message has been around forever, in one format or another.
It is basically a reminder that if you have EFS enabled and the Administrator is the only holder of the encryption key and you change the password, then you're screwed.
Most people not only, do not use EFS, they don't even know what it is.

Reaction score
Okay thanks for that Cobba, But what can I do now? I cannot supply the OLD Password in order to Create a New one? I cannot enter a Password Cause I never had One if I did I dunno what it is? I Cannot Delete the Admin Account and start again? I do not know if it is the Hidden Admin Account and I think EFS is "Right s to Access"... is it ? :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
EFS (Encrypted File System) is something you turn on or enable just like any other encryption service, like BitLocker or third party applications like True Crypt or others.
I can't tell you if you turned it on or enabled it.... you would be the only one to know that.
I do not know if it is the Hidden Admin Account
Likewise the "Administrator" account is disabled by default (hence "hidden") and you have to explicitly enable it.
Again, I cannot tell you if you did that or not, nor can I tell you that, if you did, you added a password to that account as simply enabling it would not do that, it is blank by default (no password).
I'm not sure what you expect us to suggest
But what can I do now?
There are multiple third party software options available that allow you to reset, edit or clear user account passwords, but.....
I can't recommend using them, if you don't even know that doing so, might destroy any opportunity to access encrypted files you may or may not have.

Reaction score
I was asking how to Over come this whole situation I cannot accept Updates I cannot do anything involved with "Administration"? How do I fix this? Surely just because I Did not Install a Password because I was Unsure of the consequences' I can be Locked out of all "Administration Right s" on my own Computer and Nobody knows how or why to Fix it? I thought those Days were gone after Windows 8 Cheers Dasha

Ask a Question