I have D Drive and D System Folder - Want to get rid of System Folder

Reaction score
Greetings group,

I'm attaching a screenshot with notes - it will tell you/show you better than I can explain here.
Bottom line, I wanted my Pictures folder on Drive D - not C. My goal was/is to have all Data files on drive D and all Windows and co Drive D and D System folder.jpg nfig type files on drive C.
I have just one physical drive, but partitioned it so D was about 65% and C about 35% of a 1TB drive.

When I created the Pictures folder on D, Windows 10 Pro asked me a couple of weird questions, but I just said, Whatever Microsoft!! and went ahead.
I've not really had any problems, but it's a bit confusing to do a list of This PC and see both the D drive and the D system folder.
And yesterday I was setting up a new photo browser program, and I got a permissions error when I chose D:\Pictures as my photo folder.

I've just made a restore point, and I'm going to try to delete the system folder, logged in as Admin. But I want to hear you guys and your thoughts before I proceed.

Thanks,

Reaction score
I am not that familiar with your attachment's view of your drives. But it does look a little strange a entire partition is designated as a System Folder.

If you look at Settings, System, Storage, there are options as to where you want to save your files. Have you used that to move your default storage locations?

Reaction score
Saltgrass,
I'm so sorry I'm just getting back to you. I thought I had my settings to auto subscribe to any topic that I posted in, created, etc. But I didn't get an email so I'm gonna have to check that out. I have a much bigger problem right now, which is why I got on here. My START button doesn't work. And without being able to get to START, I don't know how to get to settings. Unless there is some way to access settings via the control panel.
Do you have any ideas how to get to settings without the Windows key?

Reaction score
Saltgrass,
I'm so sorry I'm just getting back to you. I thought I had my settings to auto subscribe to any topic that I posted in, created, etc. But I didn't get an email so I'm gonna have to check that out. I have a much bigger problem right now, which is why I got on here. My START button doesn't work. And without being able to get to START, I don't know how to get to settings. Unless there is some way to access settings via the control panel.
Do you have any ideas how to get to settings without the Windows key?
I think you should start a new post for this.

Ask a Question