I have just installed Windows 10 and I wish I hadn't as now everything goes SLOW!!!!

Reaction score
I have just installed Windows 10 and I really wish I hadn't as every task is now SO SLOW. I read remarks that this was true in 2014 and that it would be fixed - when is the FIX coming????

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Chris and welcome to the forum.
I have just installed Windows 10 and I really wish I hadn't
Installed.... as in upgraded, or....
Installed as in clean installed??
There is a period of time following an upgrade or even a clean installation, where Windows 10 performs many background tasks which can result in some issues with slow performance.
All things being equal and depending on what additional third party software is present, Windows 10 should perform noticeably faster than Windows 7 and maybe slightly faster than Windows 8.1
If you are truly unhappy with the upgrade then you have 30 days to roll back the install to your previous OS.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Did you happen to have made a disk image, prior to the upgrade?
Have you made a disk image since the upgrade?
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

I ask, because ....
1. The upgrade does not always go as well as expected
2.. The Rollback also does not always go as well as expected.

Click the start button, click settings, click update & security, from the left column choose "Recovery" the "Go Back" option should be there.

I strongly recommend a disk image.
Minimally, make sure all your critical data is backed up and secure before proceeding.
Hope for the best, plan for the worse.

Reaction score
How long has it been since you upgraded. You definitely need to give it time to get updates, etc. A couple of days could mean a huge difference. Only other possibility is how much memory does your computer have? If you've been running on less than 4GB you probably should either add more or roll back to previous operating system.

Ask a Question