I messed up by creating an outlook account

Reaction score
Then I used that to connect the onedrive. Then when I rebooted, I realised I had forgotten to write down the password. This means I cannot log into windows with my user id. I've tried calling, and the automated password reset website, but because I hadn't actually sent any emails or created any folders, I cannot recover my login. can someone help or point me in the right direction? I'm losing 5 years of personal pictures, wedding pictures, music, podcasts, books... it is terrible and I haven't been able to sleep since I did it.

Reaction score
Not too clear on what you did, but, first things first. Download a live Linux. I recommend Knoppix
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

When this has loaded (it does no harm to your installation) you should be able browse into your Windows partition and transfer anything there to a safe and accessible place (Ext HD ??)

If you have had that success, the helpers here can sort out, hopefully, the disaster you have created.

If this was an upgrade, then that can be recovered also.

Reaction score
This is an upgrade, thank you. I've been so worried about this. I hope I understand how to do this properly. do I download the cd or boot only? I'm sort of new to Linux, never had to do this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You dont, in a sense, need to "use" linux. Burn the download to a cd and then set it as the boot. It will take a while, but you will easily see that you can then access Windows (C.)
When you are done, you can remove the Linux cd, and just switch off your computer. Start again and change your boot sequence back to the original.

Reaction score
I've got a similar issue with OneDrive. I recently upgraded to Win10 from Win7. Then I registered & logged into OneDrive and uploaded some pic files as well as other stuff I wanted to save. Then I loaded the OneDrive Android app to my smartphone. No problems so far. But then I changed the login email, password and added the pin to my PC. Now the OneDrive (on the PC) does recognize the changes I made and I can't access any of my OneDrive saved files from my PC (but they are still accessible from my Android smartphone). I have tried to contact the Microsoft help desk about this issue, and after 30 minutes of being shuffled from department to department, I gave up.

Ask a Question