SOLVED I need some information

Reaction score
Friends I need some information.

1. At this moment I am using windows xp sp3. Can I install windows 10 on it or I have to install 7 ro 8 first?

2. I am using 1 terabyte hard drive (C drive 35gb, D 150gb, E 150gb, F 250gb, G 345gb). Now my question is when I am going to install windows 10 is there any screen will appear from where I can chose C drive for installing windows 10? Because I am scared if it format my full hard drive or any other drive like D/E/F/G where I have lot of important files. Please help me out.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
#1 = Yes..... you have to have either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 w/update in order to be eligible for the free update to Windows 10. XP is not a qualifying OS.

#2 = Yes.... first of all, when you "upgrade", wherever the current OS is installed is where the upgrade is applied..... second if you do a custom install a list of drives / partition / volumes are enumerated for you to choose where to install, but.....
I would hope that anyone considering anything as major as an Operating System upgrade would first have a complete disk image backup to protect themselves from any possibility of losing any critical data.

Ask a Question