SOLVED I spoke too soon!

Bif

Reaction score
This morning post boot and while browsing in Firefox (and only Firefox oddly enough) CPU and Ram max out and fan comes on and will not cease until I close Firefox.
If memory serves, this happened to me last year as well following a cumulative and I believe the problem rectified itself for whatever reason..
This windows process if the offender TiWorker.exe...can I disable it without ill effect?..if I do so will my laptop self destruct in T minus...?..is it an arbitrary process that has no business running?
Please advise!

Bif

Reaction score
I'm currently running a sfc scan to see if it comes up with anything..
Will post results if any when complete.

Reaction score
TIWorker means that something is being installed, usually triggered by Windows Update. Regarding Firefox: that browser is not only a memory hog but can cause a high CPU load as well, especially when running videos in the browser. On my old laptop Firefox can use up to 1GB of RAM in no time and I have the latest version....

Bif

Reaction score
Thanks Grizzly, FF has always been a hog on resources it seems and like you said..especially with video content embedded or otherwise.
The scan showed nothing as I had expected..It hasn't happened since early this morning so like you say, likely something installing..so I best not disable it then!
As always it seems after a cumulative comes out, the system takes time to catch up and start running..umm cough cough..smoothly again.;)

Bif

Reaction score
@Wolfie.. I've used Firefox from it's inception and being a creature of habit and a sucker for punishment I will likely stick with it..
Been digging Chrome lately as well..

Reaction score
I am soooo used to using FF, that I really have a hard time to change. Chrome does not have the extensions I have in FF and Opera, lets say it, I have not used since it became free. I have used Opera from its infant times until I found Firefox.... Creature of habit I guess.... or just plain too old......

Ask a Question