Icons only in favorites bar

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Barbara,

Is this in IE11? If so, right click on one of the shortcuts, go to "customise title widths" and then select "icons only" :).

Reaction score
In Windows 10 using the edge browser, we want to show only the icons not the titles of the icons. There is no option for that. This is not for IE11 or any IE other that Edge.

For example, I only want to see the icons for amazon, Android and Pinterest. But when you right click on icon you get

Microsoft Edge

Windows Edge Icons.PNG

Windows Edge Icon Right Click.PNG

IE11 - only shows the icons ( I am able to customize in IE)

Right click on icon in favorites bar > customize title widths > icon only.
IE 11 icons only.PNG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not aware of a way to do that - but you could rename them to something shorter (i.e. Google = G) to save space as a bit of a workaround. If you do find out how to have icons only in Edge, please do report back as I'm sure others would be interested to know too.

Reaction score
What you could do, as a compromise, is open the bookmarks (pressing the three line icon) and select each item and rename it by giving it something totally insignificant, such as a - or even a full stop. Still there but unobtrusive??

Reaction score
I even tried to import my favorites again hoping the bar would use just the icons.Favorites_IconsOnly.PNG

Attachments

• Favorites_IconsOnly.PNG
    Favorites_IconsOnly.PNG
    52.1 KB · Views: 832
Reaction score
I cannot find any way to show icons only in favorites bar. Help!
me too. it seems whenever Microsoft releases a major new product like win 10 it has some nice new features but they take away user control in their efforts to imitate competitors. that is ridiculous. whatever happened to customizing internet options like ie 11. I just paid 1700 for a pc with win 10 new from a manufacturer and keep finding less control over how it works because of win 10.

Reaction score
Me too. New laptop and getting very frustrated with Windows changes. When I right-click on the icon-text the options are to open in new tab or delete ... there is NO option to use icons only or resize in any manner. Help please !

Reaction score
I don't use Edge. However, if I right click on a named icon it gives me the option to Open new tab, Create new Folder, Rename, Show Names and Icons and Delete. I selected "Show Icons Only" the url icon names did disappear.
Next I right clicked on a blank spot on the favs. bar and it gives me the option to Open New Tab, Create a New Folder, Rename, Show names and Icons, Delete.
I'm running Windows 10 Pro, maybe that's the difference.

I just happened to click on the Settings in Edge (Top right) about 2/3 down the menu you have a switch to achieve the same " Favorites Bar ON" and Show only Icons on the Fav. Bar.

Most likely MS way of forcing users over to the Pro or Business versions if you want all the old requested features that were standard in IE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found this in setting after my post, and was unable to insert in the editor mode.
Capture.PNG

Ask a Question