IE 12??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Been following this for a while now and it seems that the 21st may contain some additional information about Windows 10, in the form of a "New" browser.
Microsoft is building a new browser, codenamed Spartan, which is not IE 12
SOURCE: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-is-building-a-new-browser-as-part-of-its-windows-10-push/

Figures.... just when I was beginning to like IE.
Although if the story is accurate it looks like Win10 will have IE as well as the new browser.
I certainly wish them luck.

Reaction score
I've been using Firefox for about as long as I can remember now. I've tried all the different browsers and none have done anything that would convince me to change so I keep coming back to Firefox. Will be interesting to see if MS
can come up with anything that will make Spartan worthy of unseating other browsers.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Big fan of Firefox myself and it took a bit of kicking and screaming before I surrendered and went with IE11.
The final straw was when both IE and Chrome incorporated Flash into the browser and I don't have to have any standalone install of an adobe product anywhere on my computer.
Not a big fan of Adobe.

Reaction score
It will take a lot to win me back to IE. I still don't trust it's security, and it's still bloated.Microsoft really does need to build a new browser from the ground up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So evidently the new Browser that will soon be incorporated into Windows 10 (code named "Spartan") will have dual rendering engines.
An older one based on IE for backwards compatibility with legacy websites, coupled with the new engine designed for newer websites.
Spartan provides compatibility with the millions of existing enterprise web sites designed for Internet Explorer. To achieve this, Spartan loads the IE11 engine for legacy enterprise web sites when needed, while using the new rendering engine for modern web sites.
SOURCE: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/...and-the-windows-10-january-preview-build.aspx

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score