I'll believe it when I see it.

Reaction score
They need to speed up their update servers. I can't believe how slow they are.

I dread how slow manually updating can be. And absolutely despise how automatic updating can pressure you into rebooting, if not rebooting the machine for you while you are not looking. Forget about grabbing a cup of coffee and hoping the updates are finished. It's likely the process won't be finished checking for updates, by the time you are finished drinking your coffee.

I just spent the last hour not setting up a printer, because Windows Update hasn't updated the printer list.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm in a vicious cycle with an audio and gpu driver....MS updates install the generic ones then on a manually update it will install the current ones. Which then dorks up my mp3 stored files...no audio at all for mp3 files....internally or externally or even downloading a new mp3 file. But, system sounds and audio on Youtube and FB or any other source works just fine. Then the new GPU driver dorks up my desktop skype, it wont even open up.

I have to rollback the audio driver...all audio is works perfect. Then I have to go to my downloads folder where I have the current GPU driver saved to and reinstall that and low a behold my skype desktop works. It's only a 5 minute process but a PITA none the less.

Reaction score
Hey There Hi There Ho There Ya'll:

Sometimes you have to download the original driver's before windows update will detect the newer driver's for your particular hardware, I know that is the case with win 7, and to my experience even with Win 10, you all should realize that if you had Vista it was the same scenario, as well ,.

For some reason Microsoft doesn't give you the newest driver's for your configuration, they give you what you need just to get you by and, normally from my experience if you are using specific third party hardware on your PC,this is a must requirement in most cases,to seek a third party Driver Finder Software that work's with Windows 10, that is what I have done using Window's OS's through the year's. And they have free Driver Software so, it saves you the aggravation on a huge scale, so when your PC upgrades to a newer build you don't have to fight like hell to get everything to work,

Just make sure after the upgrade you go to Control Panel and go under Device Manager to check if you have some Exclamation point's by your listing's of Hardware In your PC, and if you do and you go right click, and check the driver upgrade and it tells you after a scan and Window's tell's you it is up to date already,which it always does, then, uninstall it and restart your PC, and if it doesn't go online after it finishes reinstalling after you restarted the PC then use a free version of Driver Software.

"Driver Booster is a compatible software that you can use on Window's 10, and also Slim Driver's is compatible as well you can get a secure virus free download on C-Net.com software and Driver download's for any PC that your using. Mac or PC." I hope this will help a lot of your problem's with Win 10" The Driver Booster will detect your system and inform you to what driver's need to be downloaded, and you can set it for silent mode, to do it's thing in the background"

Peace and hail to the Geekazoid's":D

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK.... I haven't had particularly good luck with these third party driver programs, in fact I find that they can often cause more problems than they resolve.
Your best bet is to obtain hardware drivers direct from the horse's mouth. The computer manufacturer, the motherboard manufacturer, or the specific device manufacturer.
OR.... as an absolute last result from Windows Updates which admittedly has its' own drawbacks.

Reaction score
Hey Now Ok,

"I haven't had any problems and I have been using them for 13 year's, if anything in a lot of cases where the manufacturer's discontinue driver's for certain kind's of OS's like Vista and some cases, depending on your configuration of PC's or to the extent of how old your PC is a lot of Manufacturers discontinued those particular driver's for the older PC's,like HP." The older the PC the more you will run into this issue, you can't always get it straight from the Horses mouth, especially if it is discontinued information from the manufacturer"

"And etc, back in the mid 2000's when the manufacturer were churning out tech left and right a lot of third party companies bought the right's to sell the driver's in their software program's, and take over the headache of IT support from the manufacturer, because they didn't want the overhead of dealing with the customer base on the manufacturer's level."

"I know because I was always calling Manufacturers to get the correct driver's for older PC's, and I was always told specifically by Microsoft to check out the third party software that is Microsoft Gold Certified, and I have had great success, the IT's at Microsoft suggested for me to handle my problem's with my configuring PC's in this manner being that I build and fix PC's and Tablets and Laptop's and the correct information for me is must.

" So, the wisdom that I am passing may not apply to you or your situation, but my input is experienced and on hand's so I am attempting to help other's read this forum, that don't really have the direction that I have been assisted with through Microsoft, in the past concerning older PC's , remember this OS was designed to be able to download it into older PC's and I have been successful with my 2007 and 2009 PC's.

So everybody according to personal income cannot afford a new PC every year, and if you know what you are doing to upgrade hardware in your older PC you can save a ton of money, and have your cake and eat it too, this is what I am aiming for to help the one's that cannot afford a new PC every year or even 2 year's.

And, if you know what to look for, in buying a PC,quality is better in some older PC's than some of the newer PC's some of the newer PC's are designed to fail over a certain period of time like the 2006 and 7 Mac Pro's and the Laptop thin Apple Mac book's of yester year due to improper cooling design's.and faulty video editing chip's in the older Apple product's to make apple lover's spend more money for newer component's "For example." That's why I have Dell PC's and HP PC's " They last, and last".

To, back up my expertise, My wife's 2003 Dell insprion 1501, Dell very first laptop is proof of that and it is still running to this day, I dis assembled it and added new Ram and put in a new fan, and put a better and advance Thermal Paste that is better than the stuff Dell used when they built it in 2003," and even have it connected to a 32 inch TV for a monitor so,the proof is in the pudding, so those who didn't know before, I still hope it will help the one's that are struggling with the Win 10 upgrade, processes".

Ask a Question