Images

Reaction score
On an image file is there a way to add the resolution to the Properties. I have to put an image into Photoshop in order to find out the resolution. I'd like to find out the resolution of a particular image without having to open it in an image editing program.

Thank you for any advice.

Reaction score
you might not always need photoshop to find the resolution. Windows explorer can do that too (see pic )

2017-02-02_194456.jpg

or you use a viewer like Irfanview : http://www.irfanview.com/

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OR.... you can simply right click the image file and choose properties and then check the "Details" tab
The sub-section labeled "Image" should supply you with that information as well. Similar to what you see in explorer.
Likewise, hovering over the file in explorer should produce information about the file including the dimensions.

Reaction score
OR.... you can simply right click the image file and choose properties and then check the "Details" tab
The sub-section labeled "Image" should supply you with that information as well. Similar to what you see in explorer.
Likewise, hovering over the file in explorer should produce information about the file including the dimensions.

Not what she was asking. The TO wants to ADD the dimensions to the properties and needs to open the file in photoshop just to get to it, unless I have missunderstood...

Reaction score
The OP asked " I'd like to find out the resolution of a particular image without having to open it in an image editing program"
Trouble's suggestion is the simplest way

Reaction score
On an image file is there a way to add the resolution to the Properties.
Ok, it was not really marked as a question but is this not the question??

I agree that Troubles solution is the easiest way if the resolution is already included in the properties.....

Ask a Question