SOLVED Important updates are pending – How to tell if it is REAL or Hoax? Please help.

Reaction score
Important updates are pending – How to tell if it is REAL or Hoax? Please help.

How do I know what is a real Window feature update from a hacker’s trying to gain access to my computer. I have been having several of the message below and it keeps telling me that it will take a longer time to get the update than other updates??

What’s going on?

Please give me some reassurance that this is a REAL WINDOW UPDATE!

The problem with the this updates is that my screen is locked and I cannot do anything until I respond.

When I am in the midst of doing an email this is quite unsettling, please help!!

C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg
upload_2018-6-6_16-24-43.png

Attachments

• Important updates are pending – How to tell if it is REAL or Hoax. Please help..pdf
    201.8 KB · Views: 372
Reaction score
Press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, scroll down and click "Update and Security" and see if an update is waiting to be installed.

Ben

Reaction score
I have seen it on my system several times. It usually occurs after an update has completed its install and waiting for a restart to finish...

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, scroll down and click "Update and Security" and see if an update is waiting to be installed.

Ben
Thank you for your prompt and verifiable solution. I just did what you suggested and indeed my Update and Security showed an update is waiting to be installed.
Thank you so much!
Have a lovely day!

Onew Ho

Reaction score
Important updates are pending. The newest windows feature update is ready to install. We need you to kick it off. With new features and apps, this could take a little longer than other updates.
Ready? Restart now. Not ready? Pick a time that works for you.
Pick a time. Remind me later. Restart now.
I have unplugged my computer. I want to know if it is a real update or virus or what

Reaction score
Important updates are pending. The newest windows feature update is ready to install. We need you to kick it off. With new features and apps, this could take a little longer than other updates.
Ready? Restart now. Not ready? Pick a time that works for you.
Pick a time. Remind me later. Restart now.
I have unplugged my computer. I want to know if it is a real update or virus or what

Plug it back in, start it up, then press the Windows and "i" keys simultaneously, scroll down and click "Update and Security" and see if an update is waiting to be installed.

Ben

Ask a Question