SOLVED In Windows Start are the Programs Icons showing start each start up.

Reaction score
In the Start up right hand side window, selected symbols for each program are shown. Does each one of these symbols automatically install in the background?, using up memory.

Reaction score
The Live Tiles probably do but the amount of memory used is quite small. Might check the lists in Task Manager, e.g. Details tab.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Look in taskmanager for what is actually starting up at startup and disable as needed. As for live tiles....I turn all those off. Just right click the tile in question and select turn off.

Reaction score
If you turn thrm off, wouldnt they still be using the same resources? - dunno!

Reaction score
:oops:I made a mistake with my Post it should have been as Bassfisher6522 mentioned live tiles. I presume Live Tiles do use up space and run in the back ground.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
:oops:I made a mistake with my Post it should have been as Bassfisher6522 mentioned live tiles. I presume Live Tiles do use up space and run in the back ground.
Yes...that is correct....albeit not a lot. For me....it's a nuisance seeing those live tiles cycle like that. Yes...once you turn them off...they are off and don't show up in process's under task manager.

Ask a Question