Incredimail shutting down 3/20

Reaction score
I have been on this computer for 2 days now trying to find help. I am trying to get my personal folders that I have on Incredimail, but there is no export now on Incredimail. I have my identities folder on my desktop and when I click on message store and then messages I get a list of numbered folders and when I click on one of those folders I get this, msg.iml and that is for each string. Can someone PLEASE tell me how, or if it is even possible, to find my messages and folders before 3/20 when IM closes down?

Reaction score
POST a link to the page about the Incredimail information. We must have credible/confirmible information.

Reaction score
Have to go to Incredimail homepage to see the notice...http://www.incredimail.com/en/Home
Sorry, clicked wrong button, eyes not working right. I didn't get that page but also did not have the complete URL. I have a few clients using it that will be greatly disappointed.

Reaction score
I have the identities folder on my desktop. When you go to message/message store There are no messages only 66 folders and when you click on one you get the msg.ml, which I stated above. I have tried everything. The links you posted are for importing, not exporting, but thank you.

Reaction score
You would think that since they are removing IM, they would at least have a link where you could get help, but no, not IM!

Reaction score
How did you setup your email anyway?? POP3 or IMAP?? either way, what you could do is install a different email client and re download your emails. at least you can get what you still have on the email server.
your contacts however are probably lost if you cannot export them (like ldif or csv).
Correction: just found this:
look on the right side under "related posts"
not sure if this will help:

Reaction score
find Incredimail Migrator... there is a download on filefactory.com. Run the program and your mails and adressbook can be saved and you can import them to Microsoft outlook. I was completely desperate too, but I used Incredimail Migrator and all is fine now... all is saved.

Reaction score
Looks like one might not need the expensive Microsoft Office.

Reaction score
Expensive Microsoft Office? MS office licence is nowadays available for under 20 dollars. At least in The Netherlands.

Reaction score
That would be nice but the subscription version of Office is $6.95 or $9.95 monthly, stand-alone one-time purchase is over $200USD.

Reaction score
I have an everlasting subscription to MS Office 2016 now, which I paid for and it cost me less than 20 euros. What is your point? Just get that Office licence and try use my tips on how to save your incremail mails and contacts.

Reaction score
Sorry, I only wanted to help people with their problems with Incredimail shutting down. I'm only saying that I managed to solve my problem with incredimail using Incredimail migrator and using MS outlook (okay, and I had to purchase MS office... for less than 20 dollars) That's the last thing I will say about this. Good luck and be safe.

Reaction score
I have IncrediMail 2.5 Premium, my wife still preferred the older Incredimail XE. She got an email from IncrediMail a couple weeks ago advising her about it being shut down - I didn't get one - and she just told me about it. I've followed the thread here and I admit to being far from any computer tech but something I don't understand. Maybe someone could enlighten me. There are two ways to set up email software - IMAP or POP3 and if I understand the difference, IMAP leaves mail on a cloud server somewhere but POP3 actually downloads the messages to the local computer. IMAP permits one to check email from anywhere wheres POP3 means you must be at your computer to access email. Now if I have that correct, when I set up our IncrediMail years ago I set it for POP3. We use a local ISP and our email addresses are with the ISP. We both also have cloud email addresses too - Yahoo or GMail. Mine is for occasional use on mobile devices or when posting something to a site (like this) but the majority is through my ISP email address. (They also have cloud access so I can see new emails from anywhere prior to being downloaded.) So to my point - since we are using IncrediMail with POP3 messages residing on our computer, not an IncrediMail server somewhere and this is locally installed software not using IncrediMail's server, it would seem to me that IncrediMail would continue to function normally for us past this Friday's deadline although I would no longer have access to any new skins, notifiers, etc beyond what I have already installed.

If I have that understanding correct, then for someone currently using IMAP settings, would that person not simply be able to change IMAP to POP3 (Tools > Email Accounts > Properties > Servers) with the appropriate address in the "Incoming Mail Server" box to download all their messages from the cloud location? The possible flaw in this I suppose would depend on where their email is hosted - as I said, I use a local ISP email hosting so I think it might work in that case. The messages would only be view-able on that computer.

I have also stored some emails that I consider important and want to keep in a folder outside of IncrediMail (File > Save As) although I have to open and save them that way one at a time but then I don't have a lot of them.

Anyway, don't know if this is of any use to anyone but I'll toss it out there. (I did install Thunderbird as a backup but hoping not to have to use it.)

Reaction score
Thank everyone for all of your help and suggestions. There was only one main file that was super important to me and I just forwarded them to another email address. I appreciate all you did.

Reaction score
Just to update, as I thought, March 20 has come and gone and our IncrediMail using POP3 is still working just fine.

Ask a Question