Inquiring Minds

Reaction score
I'm running a Monster Mash of Parts Together for my Desktop My MotherBoard is a ECS IC780M-A Built for Windows 7 32-64bit i have a AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor ~2.4ghz with 8Gbs of ram a 320gb HDD and a Geforce GTX 550 Ti Graphics card.

with attempts of having everything update Programs, Drivers( to the best of my abilities...not sure what to do about motherboard drivers) Windows updates.. ect

....it takes probably 3-5 minutes to start, i BSOD atleast 2-5 times in a 2hr span
i have already done a Clean Install removing all previous data and starting a new

if there are any Ideas, Suggestions, fixes anything to have my pc running smooth ...
my Start Button and my Toolbar take far too long to load..Also my started up programs have been wiped ...and its scanned religiously Plszzzzz helps me T.T

Reaction score
Did you install 32 or 64 bit version?
Note: need for CMPXCHG16b support in the 64-bit version. CMPXCHG16b allows for atomic memory exchanges. While modern 64-bit processors support CMPXCHG16b, some older hardware does not

Reaction score
I'd try 32 bit and see if you get the same errors, otherwise check with your motherboard/processor manufacturer to see if they support Win 10 or Win 8.1 (I'm pretty sure supporting only Win 8.0 and lower isn't good enough)

Ask a Question