Insider Preview Build 16199

Reaction score
As far I can tell the install went fine however it took several hours.

I can't tell for sure it was complete since on the desktop (Lower right corner) it still shows as Build 16193_rs.
In the "about screen" it shows the 16193 build as well...

Several applications won't launch.
Adobe Creative Cloud, AVAST and several others simply don't startup.
Any one else with the same experience?

Thanks
Karel Claessen

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sounds to me like something went wrong and it was rolled back.
The two items you describe should appear as follows

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

NOTE: I edited out your email address to protect you from scams and spam

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK. Thanks for your feedback.
The whole system is rather sluggish and is slow.
How can I find out what went wrong.
I went through the event log but could not find a reason.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How can I find out what went wrong.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...indows-update-logs-in-windows-10-version-1607

Unfortunately
If you're using Windows 10 Insider Preview, you may not always be able to decode the Windows Update log. Public symbols are published only for certain prerelease builds. Therefore, if public symbols are not available, you may be unable to successfully decode the log.

On the other hand, there will likely be another Insider Preview released next week hopefully, after everyone finishes celebrating the Memorial Day holiday / long weekend. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday.
Perhaps you'll have better results with that, as it should contain some fixes that were produced from the recent bug bash that they just completed.

Not too sure how you use your Insider install, how much data and installed programs might be at risk, but.....
IF as you describe, your machine is running poorly, you might want to consider a custom clean install, using the latest ISO for 16193 from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-74SihbvLfPoS3k74vDzeMw)()
In preparation for either attempting to re-install of 16199 or to wait for the next one next week.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I'll wait for the next update and see how that goes.
If still issues I'll have to consider the 16193 iso and go from there...

Wait and see...

Reaction score
Several applications won't launch.
Adobe Creative Cloud, AVAST and several others simply don't startup.
Any one else with the same experience?

Thanks
Karel Claessen

I can confirm that Avast does not work on 16199. I tried uninstalling it, using aswclear, then reinstalling it with no joy. The installer gets to 99% and just hangs. I then ran with just Defender for a short while until I decided I had enough with the Insider builds and went back to 15063.322.[/QUOTE]

Ask a Question