Insider Preview Build 17112

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
One of mine still has the Store app/icon but the other still doesn't.

Reaction score
Not yet. Today, as a test, is the first time I've used the Store on one of my IP computers.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Interestingly, I had experienced the Store issue with the previous build and was able to use the powershell command to remedy the issue.
I installed this update and the Store App and its' associated icon was not impacted at all so I didn't need to run the work around this time.
ALSO..... very nice to see that they decided to fix defrag. It seems to be functioning again as it should.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you attempt the workaround specified here
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-4ea3-4748-bb90-9991ec22dd3e?tm=1519762260736

There is a note that it may require both a reboot before and another after attempting the powershell command.
Finally got time to try and it did work. Downside was the command/script couldn't find the file so did a Search of the HDD for that file which brought up a largish list all dated the same and various sizes so I chose the largest, copied it to the root of C: and ran the script, worked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hardly ever look at it, but, (SSD) this is what I got

Capture.PNG

With my usual sarcasm and pessimism, I am still trying to find something to excite me after there many months of updates/bugs

Ask a Question