Insider Preview Build 17692

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I really like the introduction of SwiftKey typing - it's great to use on a phone, and something I've missed on my Surface Pro :).

Reaction score
I wonder when there will be something useful for regular laptop users...who don't use Cortana, Edge and just use the machine. My Insider machine has a Touch pad I don't use as I hate the things and a Touch screen which I never use either.

Reaction score
Tim Likewise! I hate touch pads, always revert to using wireless mouse on laptop. And if I had touch screen I wouldn't entertain that either. I think my head would fall OFF using a touch screen, I wear those things called bifocal glasses. I've no finger print on second finger right hand. :D

Reaction score
Beginning after 17672, all builds have introduced bad code that checks device drivers to see if they are the latest Microsoft. If not they substitute a bad driver for my Microsoft 5 button mouse that are not correct. My sound board is an excellent older model that is discontinued but the driver is still available, but Microsoft ignores that and just disables my sound card. This is a deal breaker. I can live without the new gimmicks but not without this fine sound card!

Reaction score
Microsoft forced another try at 17692 version 2 that was the worst software I have ever seen in my life. The world's most stupid software engineer should be happy with this that would not even install but kept giving stupid messages. Fortunately my last try to restart downloaded 17711 which installed although it still contains the bad code introduced after 17672.

Ask a Question