SOLVED install a win 10 upon a former win 10 installation partly fails

Reaction score
I created a win 10 USB with the tool designed for that. After I wanted to test it so I rebooted with this USB stick in place. It started up as expected, but when it came to the point where it asked what to keep only the point to remove all apps and settings was available, with the message that the windows to fix/repair/replace was installed in a directory not compatible so I was not allowed to select one of the two other possibilities. That is bad, because I can not use this install media to repair my computer with if needed. Have anyone meet this problem or is it only me?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The only time I remember seeing anything of that sort it was when you use 32 bit media on a 64 bit install or vice versa.... doesn't want to work like that.
It may also be something other than that. I know some people have "Single Language" version installs and report some problems with the normal version of the media.
I suppose it might be something like that.

Reaction score
The only time I remember seeing anything of that sort it was when you use 32 bit media on a 64 bit install or vice versa.... doesn't want to work like that.
It may also be something other than that. I know some people have "Single Language" version installs and report some problems with the normal version of the media.
I suppose it might be something like that.

All my computers are chosen as Danish and are 64bit, and the install media is Danish 64 bit chosen under creation. The windows I tested on is a 64bit home and a 64bit pro computer. All have the big latest update.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Then I'm sorry. I don't know what the issue might be unless you got a bad download or a bad burn of the ISO to your installation media.

Reaction score
Then I'm sorry. I don't know what the issue might be unless you got a bad download or a bad burn of the ISO to your installation media.

When I run the iso creation tool I am asked if i want to update the windows where I am running the tool. I will se what happen if I agree to that. I of course have a full image backup. The home computer is an efi bios and the other is a former type of bios. The home is a former 8.1 and the other a former win 7.

Reaction score
2017-06-02.png
When I run the iso creation tool I am asked if i want to update the windows where I am running the tool. I will se what happen if I agree to that. I of course have a full image backup. The home computer is an efi bios and the other is a former type of bios. The home is a former 8.1 and the other a former win 7.

so this way the update using the online creation worked out so far the image shows that I can choose what to keep. This I could not do using the usb stick.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you managed to figure it out.
Thanks for the follow-up information.

Ask a Question