Install server not responding - only with AML

Reaction score
I have used AML Registry Cleaner for years with nary a hitch. About three months ago, after an MS update it will not load. First off a message appears "Windows Installer not Responding" so I click on "Cancel". Then a second message appears "Cancelling". Nothing happens but both dialogue boxes hang around on screen driving me nuts - I have to move 'em to see what's underneath, or re-boot the computer. After re-boot they disappear until I try to open AML again, but it is only AML which is affected.
I am running Win 10 Pro version 1709 on a Dell PC with 8gb RAM and quad Intel processor, Firefox Quantum as primary browser and Vivaldi for browsing Facebook (to stop FB mining my browsing history for advertising).
AML is the free version (very good it is too) and I have un-installed and re-installed twice in an effort to solve the problem. I have used CCleaner to clear my registry hoping that would sort the problem, but no.
If anyone has any idea of what is going on I'd be very pleased to hear from you.
Misterfish

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure why AML registry cleaner isn't working anymore, it could be as simple as a minor incompatibility that would require a new update release. However, from looking on their website it looks like the last update was on 16 January 2013 - a long time before Windows 10 was even released!

I would consider perhaps just uninstalling it - as "registry cleaning" isn't a huge use and can sometimes cause more problems than it fixes, especially when it was designed before the OS was released. I don't use any registry cleaning software on my PCs and they're still super-speedy and error-free :). I do occasionally use CCleaner, but only as a general cleanup tool - I don't use the registry cleaning parts.

Ask a Question