Installation of notified Updates

Reaction score
Support assistant notifies available and recommended updates which downloads but fail to install - HP PC Hardware diagnostics UEFI; Qualcomm Atheros QCA900 Series Blue tooth 4.0 + HS Driver for Micro soft and Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. [the assistant continues to display an exclamation mark on a red background].

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The HP Support Assistant application is an HP proprietary piece of software and may or may not be upgradeable / updateable from HP.
If it is indicating that you are missing a required driver you could.....
Go to HP's Support website, plug in the particulars regarding your specific PC and manually download and install the driver(s).
OR
It may be possible that Windows Update has already installed a more current driver, one more applicable for Windows 10 and the HP Support Assistant is not capable of recognizing that.

If everything seems to working as expected and properly, I don't know that I would concern myself too much over what the HP Support Assistant is reporting.

Ask a Question