Installed Windows 10

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 on an old 7 year old computer when it first came out as a beta and it worked fine. I have the DVD with windows 10 and it boots but says it has errors and I need to fix them. I formatted the drive which was the only active drive on my new i5 computer and the same thing, so do I need to download windows 10 again and if so where?

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 on an old 7 year old computer when it first came out as a beta and it worked fine. I have the DVD with windows 10 and it boots but says it has errors and I need to fix them. I formatted the drive which was the only active drive on my new i5 computer and the same thing, so do I need to download windows 10 again and if so where?

lostsoul65,
You said you installed Win 10 when it first came out. That would be build 9841. That's all you told us.
Have you kept it upgraded when each newer version was released ?
Build 9841 and 2 other builds have since expired. Your DVD night be no good anymore.

Here is the table of Expiration Date of each build....
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-preview/b979fd2b-f8fc-4e6b-a023-f018a0a44127

If you don't have the most recent build which is 10074, install now.

Reaction score

Ask a Question