Installed x32 bit in error. Should have installed x64 bit. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Please help.

In my rush to get Windows 10 I downloaded rather than waiting my turn and mistakenly thought my PC was 32bit when in fact it is 64 bit.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks for looking.

G

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for responding. I have downloaded the media bit for x64 but my new installed x32 windows 10 just says it is unable to run that app. Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Reaction score
I think I understand what you are saying.

Can you please post me a link to a place where I can download x64 Windows 10 that will overwrite x32 version?

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for responding. I was going to clean reinstall windows 7 from my DVD and then back to Windows 10? It should I just use the tool you have suggested?

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You need to perform an upgrade install once to get your Windows 7 key to guarantee that it'll work with Windows 10. However, once you've done this it should activate Windows 10 on a clean install (either bit version).

So, if you've already done an upgrade install and managed to successfully install Windows 10 then there's no reason you can't boot from the Windows 10 x64 installation media and perform a clean install right away :).

Reaction score
Many thanks for the help offered to me. I ended up doing a re/fresh install of Windows 7 and from there moving forward to Windows 10 x64. All working rather well, for now.....

Ask a Question