Installing files

Reaction score
I have my laptop updated to windows 10 and I have an issue with installing a file. More specifically I downloaded a driver for an audio interface. I set up the file, but when it came to finally installing it, it would say, "error opening file for writing." I sill haven't come to any solution and I have tried plenty of options to fix this problem, but they haven't worked. (driver is asio4all)

Reaction score
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=asio4all&t=hy&atb=v92-3_j&ia=about

What is the extension on the file name, .exe, .dll, .zip, etc.? That usually determines how the file is handled. A .zip file has to be first decompressed into a Folder before it can be worked with. An .exe file is usually double-clicked to begin the necessary action/s. A .dll file can be copied to the proper Folder under Windows then Registered to be useful. Again, it's all in what the file is and what has to be done with it. Also involved is what a program can do with the file, maybe in Device Manager and update a driver for a device.

Ask a Question