Intel programs

Reaction score
Could someone explain me what exactly Intel Rapid Storage Technology and the Intel Management Engine does? I have tried looking on intels website and to be honest I don't get it. Do I need these drivers and why?

Reaction score
I did some research and seems as the intel rapid storage drivers improves ssd perfomance, could someone clafiy how it does it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You can likely disable Intel Management Engine - unless you need remote access to your PC using Intel AMT. There's a bit more info on this here:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/...security-hazard-and-users-need-way-disable-it

With regards to Intel RST, you'll need the driver component of this (or Windows will use their own similar version) - but you don't need the tray icon if you wish. Depending on your drive config, you may have some options available to you in RST which may speed things up, but I rarely bother.

Reaction score
To add to Ian.
Microsoft come under fire for many things, but there aim, with windows 10, is to make it a self contained "all in" OS. With this in miond, many of the built in functions in Windows 10, take care of, or by pass third party applications. The Rapid storage to which you refer, is one such.
I would not care to denigrate Intel's efforts to improve the use of their products, but, imho, much of this has been taken care of in Windows 10.
As Ian says, you can disable it and I doubt you would discern any difference

Reaction score
With regards to Intel RST, you'll need the driver component of this (or Windows will use their own similar version) - but you don't need the tray icon if you wish. Depending on your drive config, you may have some options available to you in RST which may speed things up, but I rarely bother.

Could you clarify how exactly does intel RST speed up things?

Ask a Question