SOLVED Internet access but no internet??

Reaction score
Hi, I've done some things recommended at forums and I can't fix the problem so here is the question. I have internet access but no internet on wifi, sometimes there is no internet access but somehow I fix it and there it ia again haha but the problem is still there, I can't connect :/ troubleshoot says everything is ok, but obviously it's not. Wifi network is ok because I can connect to it by phone. Please help :) thank you ;)

Reaction score
I would be nice to know what recommended things have you done. I trust you have been into Settings > Wifi Airplane mode OFF, Wifi ON.

Reaction score
I would be nice to know what recommended things have you done. I trust you have been into Settings > Wifi Airplane mode OFF, Wifi ON.
Of course, just ask for any information you need. Yes, airplane mode is off and wifi is on. And since my last post I didn't touch anything and now I see there is no network connection and unindentified network. It's changing by itself haha confusing
14692192322112033735035.jpg

Reaction score
So what device has the SSID " internetfranc" ? Is that your router? If so perhaps a hard reset ( power off for 20 seconds.)
You might left click on that word and post the results. Also do ipconfig /all in a command prompt.

Reaction score
So what device has the SSID " internetfranc" ? Is that your router? If so perhaps a hard reset ( power off for 20 seconds.)
You might left click on that word and post the results. Also do ipconfig /all in a command prompt.
It is internetfrane shared hotspot from my tablet what do I do after ipconfig /all ?
14692233813111884143132.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF that is your wireless router, perhaps switching from public to private might make it behave better.....

Capture.JPG

Move the slider to "On"

IF that doesn't have any impact then you need to determine what your IP addressing schema is, when it is connected and what it is when it is not connected.
ipconfig /all

Something is causing the problem if it keeps bouncing...
Are you using a wireless USB dongle for wireless

Reaction score
Ok the internetfrane device is not giving you any data. That 169.254 IP address and no Gateway address is the key. **
So certainly make your network private and discoverable. Reboot all round and then see what you get. In the graphical network picture you posted you could also click the details and wireless properties boxes as well.

** FRom the graphical picture showing a lot of received data and no transmits that your PC is not transmitting the broadcast message to ask for DHCP which could mean that the adapter driver is not set up. When you have tried to connect, have you had to enter your security stuff?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you have a home network set up?
From what I see you haven't joined the Home Group. In the Network and Sharing Centre, make sure the Network Discovery is selected and Turn ON automatic setup of network connected devices is also selected

upload_2016-7-22_18-48-47.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF at all possible, plug the Ethernet cable into the router. See if the problem persists.
At least that way you can determine if it is strictly a wireless issue or if it's something else.
It might also be a way to get your wireless adapter driver updated.

Reaction score
Thanks but when I change it to private and set all settings like you said it goes back to public when i reconnect.. unbelievable....

Reaction score
IF at all possible, plug the Ethernet cable into the router. See if the problem persists.
At least that way you can determine if it is strictly a wireless issue or if it's something else.
It might also be a way to get your wireless adapter driver updated.
I can't because it is a hotspot from my tablet.. it worked just fine for 1 year until now :/

Reaction score
I'm confused (doesn't take much).Now you are talking about your tablet?
It sounds to me that your tablet is acting as a portable hot spot, is the portable hot spot feature on the tablet turned "ON" ?. Check the settings on your tablet and turn it off. You don't require it enabled when your in the home.

On your PC Do you have Wi-Fi Sense turned "OFF" ?
If not, MS WiFi Sense will automatically connects to hot spots, in this case your tablet..

Check Settings>Network&Internet>WiFi> "Manage WiFi Settings"

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can't because it is a hotspot from my tablet
I can appreciate that, but for diagnostic purposes, it would be nice to test the Windows 10 computer with both Ethernet as well as in a different wireless environment to determine if the problem is with the computer or the network. You're not getting DHCP from the hotspot generate by your tablet the issue might be with the network it is generating or the native security that it is using.
it worked just fine for 1 year until now
I can appreciate that as well. Had it been working for a year with Windows 10?
OR
With a previous version of Windows.
I suppose that it is possible that a recent upgrade to Windows 10 or a Windows 10 driver or cumulative update might have resulted in the current problem.

Reaction score
It worked with Windows 7 and with windows 10 as well. I can connect to tablet hotspot with other devices so that is not the problem. Hmmm maybe it is because of some new update of Windows 10, but how could I know that? One day everything was fine but next time I turned on my laptop I suddenly couldn't connect.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There is no way that you are going to beat down Windows Updates in the long term..... nor should you even try. They are provided to make Windows 10 better and more secure and generally do not result in any problems such as you are experiencing, however.....
1.) You can check the properties of your wireless adapter, under the driver tab and see if there is an option to rollback the driver to an earlier version
2.) You can see if you have a System Restore point to rollback to that is a date in time prior to the problems first occurrence.

Neither of which are long term solutions as, if the problem was produced by a Windows Updates, then sooner or later, you are going to get the same update again. There is a huge update scheduled to rollout on August 2nd, which may or may not help with your current issue.

You might also try going to the laptop manufacturer's support website and download and install the latest driver they have available for the integrated wireless adapter and see if that does anything to help the problem.

Reaction score
There is no way that you are going to beat down Windows Updates in the long term..... nor should you even try. They are provided to make Windows 10 better and more secure and generally do not result in any problems such as you are experiencing, however.....
1.) You can check the properties of your wireless adapter, under the driver tab and see if there is an option to rollback the driver to an earlier version
2.) You can see if you have a System Restore point to rollback to that is a date in time prior to the problems first occurrence.

Neither of which are long term solutions as, if the problem was produced by a Windows Updates, then sooner or later, you are going to get the same update again. There is a huge update scheduled to rollout on August 2nd, which may or may not help with your current issue.

You might also try going to the laptop manufacturer's support website and download and install the latest driver they have available for the integrated wireless adapter and see if that does anything to help the problem.
Yeah it could work.. I'll see

Reaction score
I just realized how stupid I am haha.. I just realized I didn't check my antivirus. The problem was due to antivirus firewall, so when I turn it off everything works fine. Now, I sent to their support center details about the problem so I could enable firewall again. Thank you all for your time and help :D

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just glad to hear that you got it figured out.
Thanks for the follow-up report.
Much appreciated.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question