SOLVED Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge both not playing Video.

Reaction score
:(I have installed Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge on my Windows 10 Pro OS and neither play videos'.
I therefore use Firefox or Opera where there are absolutely no problems video wise.

Adobe Flash is installed all round on Firefox,Opera, Edge. Still will not work with Edge or Internet Explorer. i believe that it is not possible to remove the offending Microsoft Browsers, either., just to add to the felony.

OS system Windows 10 Pro.x64n bit
Version 1703
OS Build: 15063.674

Has anyone found a solution to this mess as yet?

I find Windows 10 a constant day to day battle, never ending and that is before any updates decend upon us.

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie, thanks for getting back to me.
tried installing 1709, downloaded, went through installation procedure, restarted computer as requested, failed and reinstalled origional version again 1703-15063,674. No explanation given.

Reaction score
Wolfie. tried 3 more times to update and received errors; ( download file corrupted and that was from Microsoft)
error code: 0x8007000d.
Any ideas anyone?

Reaction score
How have you assumed the install was corrupted? Was there a message?

Try, in the first instance, using the troubleshooting update tool:
Settings - Update and Security. - Troubleshoot.

Reaction score
HI Mothie,

what install medium did you use?, a DVD or USB stick?, if a DVD, did you burn it at the slowest possible speed?. ;)

Regedit32

Reaction score
Microsoft are actively blocking adobe flashplayer in both IE and Edge.

You will see an icon in top right of address bar which if you click allows you to activate it for websites you trust.

Reaction score
Can you give a clipof that Icon?

I have had no problems when clicking in on a site using flash At this very moment, after reading this post, I opened both Edge and IE on an intensive Flash site. Both are playing fine, as I type???

In Edge, I do have the Shockwave Flash enabled, through the IE Tools menu. This remains on. But I cannot find an icon for switching on/Off

Ok. Further investigation. They all seem OK in Edge, but IE is more selective. I still cannot find that "jigsaw" icon.

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Can you give a clipof that Icon?

I have had no problems when clicking in on a site using flash At this very moment, after reading this post, I opened both Edge and IE on an intensive Flash site. Both are playing fine, as I type???

Initially, when you strike a website attempting to send something to you from a embedded flashplayer that is not hosted directly on the site you are visiting [ e.g. adds ], Microsoft Edge and IE should be hitting you with this popup dialog just below the far right corner of address bar:

flash2.png

If you choose Allow once then the dialog disappears, and you won't be bothered during current session on site.

If you choose Always allow then you set a preference to allow the content each time you visit site.

If on the other hand you close the dialog without making one of the above choices then you will get a jigsaw icon in the right end of the Address bar like so:

flash.png

Reaction score
I have a sneaky feeling that the icon is only available if you actually have Adobe flash installed as a third party source. I don't. I only use the Windows 10 built in flavour.
My query was mainly curiosity. I only encounter Flash sites by accident. Problem was when I experimented, I just could not see the darn thing.

Here for example. I found a flash site - all running - but no icon.

This was, by the way, identical on Edge or IE.

Capture.PNG

BUT. Consider my query solved. I am happy with what I get and see.

Reaction score
I have eventually been able to update to version 1709 and this appears to have solved the problem of seeing video in both "Edge" and "Internet Explorer 11"
Many thanks guys.

Ask a Question